RM5 has a worldwide country database of 202 countries where the Team Management Profile has been used. An analysis is available for 48 countries with 300 or more respondents. Key points are:
- The highest mean Extrovert-Introvert scores recorded are for Denmark (E=8.4) and Malaysia (I=0.5).
- There are also significant differences on the P-C scale where the highest mean C scores are for the Scandinavian countries of Denmark (C=2.6), Sweden (C=1.9) and Finland (C=1.5), compared with more Practical scores from Hong Kong (P=4.1) and Ireland (4.0).
- On the A-B scale the mean scores ranged from Germany (A=6.1) to Nigeria (A=15.9) and Mexico (A=14.4), a significant difference of 9.8 points.
- The S-F scale has a 6.6 point range from Japan (S=3.0) to Chile (S=9.6) and Mexico (S=9.0)
Mean major role preference percentages for Denmark, Malaysia. Hong Kong, Germany, Mexico, and Australia are shown in the diagrams below. Some observations are:
- Denmark has a much greater percentage of Explorer-Promoters (20%) than the other country samples. Lowest countries are the Philippines (4%) and Mexico (5%)
- Mexico also had the greatest percentage of Thruster-Organisers (42%), compared with Denmark at 23%.
- Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark and USA have the highest percentage of Creator-Innovators with 10% each compared with Mexico and Turkey both at 3%.
- Turkey has the highest percentage of Assessor-Developers (31%) closely followed by Sweden, Croatia, Poland and Russia at 28%. The lowest figures (15%) are for Hong Kong and Ireland..
- An equally wide range in representations can be seen for the Concluder-Producer role. The highest percentages were Hong Kong (33%), Philippines (32%) and Malaysia (31%) and lowest for Denmark and Sweden, both 15%.
Major role preference distribution for country sample: Denmark (n=1254)
Major role preference distribution for country sample: Malaysia (n=1723)
Major role preference distribution for country sample: Germany (n=15476)
Major role preference distribution for country sample: Mexico (n=1143)
Major role preference distribution for country sample: Hong Kong (n=2208)
Major role preference distribution for country sample: Australia (n=149359)
This analysis highlights key differences between countries. For example, in Denmark 30% of people working there had preferences in the Creator-Innovator and Explorer-Promoter sectors. Similar data was recorded for other Scandinavian countries. Compare this with Malaysia (12%), Mexico (8%) and even Australia at 18%
For more information on country differences check out the new 5th edition of the TMS Research Manual (RM5) available from 10 October 2018 at teammanagementsystems.com.
If you have any questions, contact TMS on +61 7 3368 2333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.